- Where are you from? Trenton, NJ
- Tell us your latest news? Fade To Black is set to release Sept 8th.
- When and why did you begin writing? I have been writing all my life. Words have a way of captivating the mind
- When did you first consider yourself a writer? I’m not sure I still consider myself a writer but I love to write
- What inspired you to write your first book? My upbringing and all the knowledge my dad gave me.
- Do you have a specific writing style? Not really but I strive to be real and relevant
- How did you come up with the title? I came up with title back in 1992. It just sounded so powerful
- Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? There are a few. But you gotta read Fade To Black to see what they are! (smile)
- How much of Fade To Black is realistic? Well, let me just say this I am not the man that I use to be.(smile)
- What books have most influenced your life most? The Bible and many more, can’t name all of them.
- If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? Tough question but I would say Zora Neale Hurston
- What book are you reading now? The Cross and the Lynching Tree by James Cone
- Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? Not really
- What are your current projects? Working on getting Fade To Black to out to the world.
- Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members. The church that I pastor.
- If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in Fade To Black? Nope. It’s an AMAZING story.
- Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? Yeah, I started out writing poetry and it transformed into writing stories.
- Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? Not really. My writing flows real nice.
- Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? Zora Neale Hurston. She is has no fear in communicating truth.
- Do you travel much promoting Fade To Black ? Not yet but that’s the plan.
- Who designed the covers? A company called Elite Style.
- What was the hardest part of writing Fade To Black? Having to deal with the reality of the story and use real language.
- Did you learn anything from writing Fade To Black and what was it? I did. I learned to write the story as you see the story.
- Do you have any advice for other writers? Yes, write what’s in your heart no matter what anyone else say’s or thinks!
- Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? Yes, I pray that you enjoy my new novel Fade To Black its real and its relevant!
We believe authors thrive with options. In addition to Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), Amazon is pleased to offer Kindle Scout, a reader-powered publishing program for new, never-before-published books. Jump-start your book and potentially earn a publishing contract from Kindle Press–in 45 days or less.
Kindle Scout helps you connect with readers prior to publication. If your book is selected for publication by Kindle Press through the Kindle Scout platform, readers who nominated the book will receive an early, free copy and be invited to leave reviews. If your book is not selected, readers will have the option to be notified when you independently publish through KDP.
Kindle Scout welcomes submissions for English-language books in the following genres: Romance, Mystery & Thriller, Science Fiction & Fantasy, and Literature & Fiction. Action & Adventure, Contemporary Fiction, and Historical Fiction will be accepted within the Literature & Fiction category. Any adult age 18 or older with a valid U.S. bank account and a U.S. Social Security number or tax identification number is eligible. Check out the Kindle Scout Eligibility & Content Guidelinesfor more information.
If chosen for publication, you receive:
Learn more about this new opportunity.
Amazon Book Review 4 STARS “Great Book”
By Book Critic “The Book Critic” on July 30, 2015
With her novel “Uncharted Desires” Author Leatrus Iversen has written a great a story and i was pleasantly surprised after reading it. I highly recommend this book and look forward to reading more of her work in the future.
Get your copy now http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-Desires-Leatrus-Iversen/product-reviews/069231587X/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending
#WBMediaTweets #BookPromotioins #TeamGatsby @DJGBC
“Joy Elan has penned a motivation book of poetry that speaks to the heart of those who feel they have no voice. She inspires us to speak up and speak out on issue that affect us in our personal lives. It is empowering and enlightening to anyone who is ready to make a positive change in their lives.”
DJ Gatsby Book Club
For More About Joy Elan
*Visit her website http://www.AuthorJoyElan.com
Joy Elan is from Oakland and Berkeley, CA. She received her undergraduate degree in African American Studies at UC Berkeley and her graduate degree in Education at Stanford University. She has taught at a community college and is currently working with urban youth in the San Francisco Bay Area.
She has alson written two other poetry books and a scholarly book.
All books are available on Amazon in Paperback and on Kindle.
In her dynamic new devotional, Step Out of Your Box: 31-Days of Daily Encouragement, author Edith Nevis will inspire and motivate you to step out on faith, tear down emotional walls, and allow God’s love to lead you into victorious living. This practical easy to follow devotion includes a personal journal for your convenience.
About The Author……
Edith Nevis began her career 30 years ago within the Food and Beverage Industry, Hotel Hospitality, and Corporate America. While studying Theology at Nyack College and previously attending DeVry University, the field of study, BA Business Administration, Edith interest in writing grew. In 2010, while chronicling the life of a friend three-year journey as a missionary, Edith became inspired to begin writing inspirational blogs. It was through the blogs and the need to further her faith; eventually led Edith to create daily devotions within her social media page. Edith current profession is within hospitality management. And while Edith has achieved great success throughout her career as an effective leader, teacher, and mentor, her passion is helping others. In Edith spare time, she enjoys preparing fabulous meals for family and friends, traveling, reading, and most importantly serving the Lord.
Order your book today http://amzn.to/1Wzncm3
Seasoned With Grace
Put Your Name On It
by Angie Daniels
Angie Daniels is a free spirit who isn’t afraid to say what’s on her mind or even better, write about it. Since strutting onto the literary scene in five-inch heels, she’s been capturing her audience’s attention with her wild imagination and love for alpha men. The RT Reviewer’s Choice Award winner has written over twenty-five novels for imprints such as BET Arabesque, Harlequin/Kimani Romance and Kensington/ Dafina Books. In 2009 she released her first interracial romance in the Big Spankable Asses anthology for Kensington/Aphrodisia imprint, which she later followed up with Tease. For more information about upcoming releases, and to connect with Angie on facebook, please visit her website at http://www.angiedaniels.com