1. Where are you from?
Buffalo, New York
2. Whats are you working on now?
Just working hard at promoting my first novel and getting ready to start my second.
3. When did you begin writing?
In grade school after the influence of a phenomenal teacher.
4. When did you first consider yourself a writer?
When Author Zane and her sister read my then unedited first work and said they loved it.
5. What inspired you to write “In Love’s Time” ?
The loss of the love of my life. My personal experiences and tales of friend’s experiences.
6. Do you have a specific writing style?
I guess everyone has a style, so I’ll say, “yes.” It direct, honest, and easy to follow.
7. How did you come up with the title “In Love’s Time” ?
It was actually a toss-up between two different titles. The choice was made by the person who inspired the story.
8. Is there a message in “In Love’s Time” that you want readers to grasp?
Yes, that love is amazing. That contrary to popular opinion, all men do have feelings and are not dogs.
9. How much of “In Love’s Time” is realistic?
If I understand this question correctly, I’d say all of it. These situations are very possible and I’m sure occur in the lives of others daily.
11. What books have most influenced your life most?
All works by the great Alexander Dumas.
12. If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
For this particular genre, I’d have to say Xavier Holland and of course, Zane.
13. What book are you reading now?
The Black Count by Tom Reiss.
14. Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
Elissa Gabrielle, Alretha Thomas and definitely Sia Stewart.
15. What current project are you working on?
Working out the details for my second novel, “Episodes.”
16. Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
The RAWSISTAZ Literary Group.
17. Do you see writing as a career?
Yes, it will definite being something I give my total focus to.
18. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in “In Love’s Time”?
Not really, I feel the story revealed in it’s entirety.
19. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
Yes, in grade school as a result of my first black teacher, Mrs. Shelton. She chose me to recite a tribute to Alexander Dumas during Black History month. Her knowledge of him and what she passed on to me, lite the fuse.
21. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Yes, writing in a manner that allows for respect to the reader. That doesn’t give the reader a choice but to become part of the story, the characters and their lives. Allowing the reader to become one with the writer’s thoughts and feelings during the act of presentment.
22. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
Alexander Dumas. His boldness and bravery for writing as he did. As a black man in those times, his words could’ve easily cost him his life.
23. Do you travel much promoting “In Love’s Time” ?
Not at the moment but more than willing to.
24. Who designed the cover for “In Love’s Time”?
The cover concept is mine. The actual design work was done by Dashawn Taylor’s company, Hot Book Covers.
25. What was the hardest part of writing “In Love’s Time” ?
Experiences old feelings who’s intensity was just as great as they were many years ago, and trying to put that intensity into words.
26. Did you learn anything from writing “In Love’s Time” and what was it?
It reconfirmed for me that anything is possible. Stay the course and keep God in your heart and there’s nothing you can’t achieve.
27. Do you have any advice for other writers?
Yes! If you have a story to tell, then tell it. Someone out there might really need to hear it.
28. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Yes, “Thank you so very much.” For trusting me, and sharing your capacity to feel. One couldn’t ask for a greater gift than you’ve bestowed on me. I am eternally grateful and you’re all in my prayers always. God Bless!
Order “In Love’s Time” now @ http://www.amazon.com/Loves-Time-Alexander-M-Smith-ebook/dp/B00ON5C646/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1414643360&sr=1-2&keywords=in+loves+time+alexander+smith