1. Where are you from Mr. Manswell T. Peterson ? I am from a small city called Albany, Ga. I split time between Albany and Atlanta growing up.
2. Tell us your latest news? I am waiting on the final details of my first Production deal. I have developed 7 tv shows, 2 movies, plus more to come from the books that I have written.
3. When and why did you begin writing? I started writing when i was in the 5 grade. I got into trouble about that story because i wrote about a movie i saw on H.B.O and it was for grown folks only…
4. When did you first consider yourself a writer? I would say it was the moment i saw fans coming up to me with my books in their hands, asking me to sign them and take pictures.
5. What inspired you to write your first book? I always like to tell stories, and i just wanted to be in that group of people to tell a story that had people talking about it after they have read it…weeks later.
6. Do you have a specific writing style? No, I write from the heart and gut. To me, it brings a more personal touch to the story.
7. How did you come up with the title? Music plays a BIG part in how the story flows for me. The title just comes naturally.
8. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? To open your mind and let it rest from the daily grind, Love, Drama, and suspense is what i try to bring.
9. How much of the book is realistic? LOL, I write stuff that can happen, it just depends on where you are from and what you are used to seeing.
11. What books have most influenced your life most? I would say most of them are Thrillers, suspense, and murder mystery.
12. If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? WOW, I would have to say that I talk to a few more well established authors…Beverly Jenkins would be the one. She has always been there for me, no matter what type of question I had for her…
13. What book are you reading now? Dating Jordan by Marques Lewis, and Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
14. Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? Brian Tillman and Marques Lewis
15. What are your current projects? I have 2 tv shows getting ready(fingers crossed) and my original dating book “Am I a Priority in Your Life or an Option” I have fans asking about it since it was released before the Kindle rush.
16. Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members. The ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha. Hands down they have helped me garner my support around the world.
17. Do you see writing as a career? Yes, I am just now taking it to a new level with the TV shows.
18. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? Nothing, I always tell up and coming authors to never live with regret. Once it goes live on Amazon or wherever…let it be done so the fans can enjoy it.
19. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? Yup, the same teacher that turned me in and got me in trouble also told me to keep writing because i has something that i could share with the world one day. I listened and here i am today.
21. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? It is fun, so nope. When you do something that is fun, it takes the work out of it.
22. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? This is a tie between Beverly Jenkins and the late E. Lynn Harris. They both poured their heart and soul into their books. They always took time out for the fans and to help any new author and those are the reasons they are at the top.
23. Do you travel much promoting your book(s)? Yes, I have been to 30 different states over the past 4 years, popping in where ever I am asked to come. Sometimes I go to different events and meet my fans there, it is always nice to see the fans and let them know i am just a regular guy. Most find out as we hang out like I did in Jacksonville. I hung out with about 40 plus fans at the Hilton and I bought them all drinks and we ate and drank…laughed and talked about everything.
25. What was the hardest part of writing your book? It is too much fun, I will say to put the time in for research. I have seen times where no research can kill a book…so i take time to really learn the areas that i am writing about.
26. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? I have 9 so, each time I learn something new, but the most important thing is to really not pay attention to people with negative thoughts. It can weigh you down, you will NEVER make everyone happy…so I just smile and keep it moving.
27. Do you have any advice for other writers? Always smile, even when a person doesn’t like your book. Your reaction to them might bring them back to you on a different book. Always be thinking ahead…what is my next project, because if you want to be a one-hit wonder…it just might not happen.
28. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Thank you…thank you…thank you!!! Without all of you, I am truly nothing more than another guy with thoughts and ideas on paper. I promise to always do my best to make sure i bring you fresh, though provoking books…even if you hate some of the people in those books. I love you and I am humbled by your support!!!
For more information on this National Bestselling Author Manswell T. Peterson click on the link below..