2. What’s the title of you latest book ? Latest book is “DOPE GIRL” and it’s finally out.
3. When did you begin writing? I began writing in 06 while waiting to go on trial.
4. When did you first consider yourself a writer? I always wanted to be a writer. Since I was a little kid. I got caught up with life and put it on the back burner.
5. What inspired you to write your first book? The 1st book I wrote was “CHRONICLES OF A JUNKY” after speaking to an ex-boxer who like the character in the book threw his life away using drugs.
6. Do you have a specific writing style? I don’t have any specific style, I just write what comes to mind. The end result amazes me myself sometimes.
8. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? I always try to lace a positive message in my books. I’m very religious so god will be present in all my work.
9. How much of the book is realistic? My books are almost always based on real life. I fictionalize reality. “DOPE BOY” was loosely based on my friend.
11. What book has influenced your life the most? The Quran.
12. Which writers would you consider as mentors? Treasure Blue and K’wan are my mentors. I always hit them up for advice and they always come through.
13. What book are you reading now? I am currently reading an Islamic book about manners and morals. I rarely read fiction.
14. Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? Amira QueenPen.
15. What are your current projects? DOPE GIRL and STUD two and a half.
16. Who has supported you the most outside of family members. The Facebook groups have been a tremendous help. They all have embraced me and helped get my name out.
19. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? My interest in writing comes from reading. I am an avid reader.
21. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? No, nothing really.
22. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? Dan Brown. I Love his details.
24. Who designed the covers? Dynasty cover and Regal Rebel. I love them both.
25. What was the hardest part of writing your book? Getting stated. Lol> I can get lazy at times. Once I get started I go in!
26. Did you learn anything from writing your books and what was it? Learn? Nothing really from DOPE GIRL but the STUD series gave me insight into that culture.
27. Do you have any advice for other writers? My advice to new writers is to write. Write every day. 2nd would be to do your homework. Learn all you can about the business and any company you plan to do business with. Some publishing companies will steal your books and not pay you.
28. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? Just thank you everyone for the support. If you haven’t read my work give it a try. I GOT NEXT!
To Purchase books by Author Sa’id Igotnext Salaam click on the link below: