- Where are you from? I live in Milwaukee, WI from Jackson, Mississippi
- Tell us your latest news? Latest news I am just blessed to be now working with Teflon Mafia Publishing, TBRS on a 3 book series. Also I am happy to have released an anthology with two wonderful writers Leondra LaRae and Monique Chanae.
- When and why did you begin writing? I started as a child when I was little it was a way to escape from my childhood. Growing up in a home where abuse took place writing and reading was a way out for me.
- When did you first consider yourself a writer? When I had dropped my very first book way back in 2011.
- What inspired you to write your first book? I actually wrote my first book when I was in high school I never published it. It was about when I was growing up about a child growing up in the projects living with abuse. It was mainly like my diary that I turned into a book.
- Do you have a specific writing style? I like to write very detailed giving full descriptions to help bring my readers into the story. I am a diversity writer I enjoy writing urban fiction with a bit of mystery and erotic in my stories.
- How did you come up with the title? Some of my titles don’t come to me until the story is done. Sammie Says it was actually a friend of mines the story reminded me of him his name was Sammy and he just always talking about things in his life. I liked the title Sammie Says because she is telling you what she is saying about her past.
- Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? It depends on which one of my books you read. Boy Toy book can mainly tell a woman that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. My V book can tell you that everyone isn’t always who they calm to be. Sammie Says can tell you that yeah she’s pretty on the outside, but you have to watch your back and not get on her bad side.
- How much of the book is realistic? I try to keep my books feeling and being realistic, most of the topics may not all be about me, but it can always be about someone else. It can have my readers saying yeah she reminds me of someone.
12. What book are you reading now? I try not to read much when I am writing.
13. Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? Aaron Bebo, Marie A. Norflect, Authoress Redd, Pinky Dior, Gaiven Chasing Clairmont, Hood Chronicles and many more.
15. What are your current projects? I am looking forward to a mini eBook series called Scrumptious to drop May and June. Also working on a 3 book serious for TBRS and will be releasing that under my Lesa name.
16. Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members. My editor Tracie Holmes she’s very supportive when I need her feedback or just want to vent I go to her. My friend Odessia Brown she’s a friend of mines that I can always call her up and run ideas across her before I start typing it up. My friend Larissa Robison she is another supportive friend of mines.
17. Do you see writing as a career? Yes I do.
18. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? No I wouldn’t I feel when I write it and go back over it before sending to the editor I make sure it is what I am going to support no matter what.
19. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? When I was about 8 years old, I became more interested in it when I used to be happy when I had to write book reports at school. So I knew I was addicted to writing way back then.
21. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? When any of my writing become challenging I take a step back and take a break and go back to it a few days later. Sometimes my mind me moving faster than my fingers and it begins to flow to fast and then that’s when I know I have to step back and rethink something’s.
22. Who are your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? I enjoy Allison Hobbs, Lisa Scottland, Erica Spindler, Zane, James Patterson, Danielle Steels, Noire, Karen Williams, Brittani Williams, and Quentin Carter. I enjoy all their work from urban to mystery it’s a lot of what I enjoy writing as well. I am a very diversity reader just as a writer.
23. Do you travel much promoting your book(s)? I have traveled with my first book, and I plan on continuing to travel with all of my books.
24. Who designed the covers? Dynasty CoverMe
25. What was the hardest part of writing your book? The ending making sure I don’t leave my readers with a cliffhanger that can’t be explained. I like to sum up my ending with a reason to how all my characters got to that point without leaving them saying, “What?”
26. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? If I tell you I will give always what most of my books are about. Put it this way I like to research the topics I write about before I write about them so I try to learn as much as possible on all different topics.
27. Do you have any advice for other writers? If writing is your passion then keep on writing and don’t let anyone tell you that you shouldn’t write. Also when you write make sure you feel what your characters are going through you want to write from the heart not from your head.
28. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? Thanks for the love and support. I am grateful to have you all as readers to be opened minded enough to read my work. I enjoy you all. Thanks for taking the time out to take on a new author I truly appreciate it.
To Purchase Books By Shiana Click On The Link Below..