1. Where are you from? Smithfield, VA
2. Tell us your latest news? My latest news is that my first author is coming out with her book titled: Sins Of The Flesh under my publishing company I just launched March 1, 2013.
3. When and why did you begin writing? I began to write in August of 2011 because my cousin & author under GPP, Neiima Edwards read some of my erotic poetry and told me I should write a book.
4. When did you first consider yourself a writer? I’d actually never considered myself a writer until I published Dicmatized and got the very first copy in my hands.
5. What inspired you to write your first book? Transitioning from sex without emotion back to sex with emotions and dealing with the drama that comes with love.
6. Do you have a specific writing style? I don’t. I just write what comes to me. I’ve written Erotica/Romance, Self Help, and now I’m venturing out to Street Lit.
7. How did you come up with the title? I came up with the title to fit women who chase guys for all the wrong reasons, never knowing their worth or that they deserve better.
8. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? Absolutely. Love comes in many forms and will make you do some crazy thing; but also that Karma is real.
9. How much of the book is realistic? 75%
11. What books have most influenced your life most? Yes, but it’s not published. My grandmother wrote a book before passing about her life story and gave me so much wisdom and power over shortcomings.
12. If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? I consider Zane a mentor although I’ve never read any of her books. The reason being is because she opened the doors for Erotica and helped people get over themselves enough to open their minds to what’s really going on in our homes.
13. What book are you reading now? Right now I’m reading The Bad Parent by Dominique Wilkins.
14. Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? Of course the authors that are signed under me: Darrell Freeman Jr., Stacey Thomas, Neiima Rose Edwards, Maria Finney, and my daughter also has a new book coming out. I’ve also taken a liking to Cole Hart’s work.
15. What are your current projects? I’m currently working on Dicmatized 2 which will be released in June. I have Bad Newz Bitches which will be sometime this summer as well. I’m also doing to collabs that will be in the reader’s hands by the end of the summer.
16. Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members. My facebook friends have supported me so much that I have to shot them out.
17. Do you see writing as a career? Yes. It has become my passion just as much as helping others.
18. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? Absolutely not. I was a little afraid of how people would take what I said in You Can’t Handle The Truth, but it’s me and I can’t be what everyone wants me to be. I can only be me!
19. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? I loved to write in high school, but when I had to drop out to take care of my sister…life happened.
21. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? Yes of course. I’m distracted by the daily duties of being a mother, wife, business woman, and friend. I have to find or make time to write now. lol
22. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? My favorite author is actually Charles Dickens. A Tale of Two Cities was a masterpiece.
23. Do you travel much promoting your book(s)? So far, no. I plan to get out more this year because I have take care of my people.
24. Who designed the covers? I designed my cover for Dicmatized and Aija Butler did all the other covers under GPP.
25. What was the hardest part of writing your book? The hardest part of my book was adding the fiction. lol
26. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? Yes. I’ve learned that everything is not for everybody and even if some people like your style, they find something else to complain about.
27. Do you have any advice for other writers? The best advice I can give is to write what you know. You can never go wrong with that.
28. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? I would like to thank each and everyone of my readers for accepting me and my writing style and helping to make my dreams come true.
To Purchase Books By This Author Click On The Link: http://www.amazon.com/You-Cant-Handle-Truth-ebook/dp/B00BSY7CFS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365366226&sr=8-1&keywords=dyphia+blount