2. Tell us your latest news? I am currently promoting my novel “Ebony the Beloved” and I am working on my second novel “The Bold and the Ugly Truth.”
3. When and why did you begin writing? I wrote my first book three years ago. When I was a kid I would write crazy things and I wrote fan fiction stories a few years ago. I love fiction and love using my imagination. Writing is an outlet I use to express thoughts.
4. When did you first consider yourself a writer? I think creative writing was always in me. I didn’t realize it until I penned my first novel.
5. What inspired you to write your first book? I like writing stories that people hardly hear about but can still relate to. Life and loving fiction are also what inspired my first novel.
6. Do you have a specific writing style? I don’t know. I guess it’s Mary Monroe-ish with a hint of Bossladywriter (me). Lol My writing style is descriptive and daring.
7. How did you come up with the title? Ebony is the name of the girl and since she doesn’t know how influential and strong she is, she is beloved.
8. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? We are bigger than our circumstances; regardless of the severity and size.
9. How much of the book is realistic? Some of me is in it but a majority of it is fiction.
11. What books have most influenced your life most? Hmm…none that I can think of, but I can say that Mary Monroe’s “God Don’t Ugly” is one of the reasons why I penned my first book.
13. What book are you reading now? “The Bold and the Ugly Truth”
14. Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? Yep, Shakara Cannon.
15. What are your current projects? I’m mainly promoting my first novel while writing my second one.
16. Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members. My good friend, Cora.
17. Do you see writing as a career? Most definitely
18. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? Yeah, I would eradicate some of the errors lol
19. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? Yep, I was newly unemployed and I was ready to quit college.
21. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? Procrastination
22. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? Mary Monroe, of course; she’s very down to earth and I love her style of writing.
23. Do you travel much promoting your book(s)? No, but I’d like to. I mainly do radio and online interviews.
24. Who designed the covers? Pequod Designs
25. What was the hardest part of writing your book? Procrastinating, but it took me at least five months to complete it.
26. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? I learned how to make my writing flow a little better.
27. Do you have any advice for other writers? Research! Do background checks on anyone you’re going to use for editing to publishing it. There are too many scam artists out there.
28. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? Thank you for all of your support and be blessed. J