Dallas, Texas born and raised
2. Tell us your latest news?
I am currently working on a docudrama film entitled “Beneath My Skin” which was inspired by my first novel, My Secrets Your Lies.
3. When and why did you begin writing?
I feel I’ve always been a writer. I’ve written poetry, music, short stories. I just didn’t take it to the next level until 2006 which is when I decided to write my first novel. It became a goal and challenge of mine because I wanted to see if I was disciplined enough to write a 200+ page book.
4. When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I didn’t give myself the Official Tag until high school. At that time I was writing short stories and sharing them with friends as well as writing my own music, and music for others.
5. What inspired you to write your first book My Secrets Your Lies?
Close friends and my curiosity of alternative lifestyles.
6. Do you have a specific writing style?
I prefer to write in third person omniscient (unlimited pov), but I am very versatile. My first book was written in first person and my short fiction tends to be as well. It really just depends on how the thoughts and ideas are coming to me before the writing process starts. No matter which style I choose, I always aim to keep it smooth and with somewhat of a poetic feel. I want my readers to be enticed from page one.
7. How did you come up with the title, Twisted Seduction?
I actually create my titles before I even have the story idea in my head. Twisted Seduction had been sitting in my database for a couple of months, so when I decided to create this story of these two best friends and their seductive adulterous affairs, then intertwined their drama, and created more twists on top of that drama, TS was the perfect match.
8. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Yes. There are quite a few, but the one that I really want readers to grasp is how the choices we make today can affect every part of our life tomorrow.
9. How much of the book is realistic?
Twisted Seduction is 99.9% fiction, but I was inspired by some very interesting people in my life as I was writing it. LOL!
10. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
Denise’s character was fleshed out with a very close relative in mind. Denise’s willingness to share her husband with her best friend was a hot topic and it started some great conversation during my writing process.
11. What books have most influenced your life most?
Novels by Zane, RM Johnson, Erice Jerome Dickey, and Michael Baisden.
12. If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
Zane because she’s constantly evolving. She’s doing so much and she still manages to share her knowledge on the industry and lend herself to me when I need her. She’s a great publisher as well.
13. What book are you reading now?
Deep Throat Diva by Cairo.
14. Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
Yes, Shakir Rashaan. He’s a phenomenal author and I will definitely be reading more of his work.
15. What are your current projects?
I am currently writing the second installment of the Twisted Seduction series
17. Do you see writing as a career?
Most definitely. As I continue novel writing, I am setting my sights on the screen. J
18. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
Not one single thing.
19. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
It started out with music. I loved to write music, even as a child.
20. Can you share a little of your current work with us?
Twisted Seduction by N’Tyse Excerpt ©Copyright
“So you didn’t think I should know?” Denise asked. “About what?” “Your situation.” Nadine’s eyes smiled at Denise. “You seem to know everything. I was sure you read the memo before I ever sent it. “Funny,” Denise said, pressing her lips together. “So how does Jeff feel about it?”
Nadine stood to her feet, whispered through clenched jaws, “I’m not about to have this conversation with you. We are in a place of business.” Denise shut the conference room door and walked over to where the woman whom she’d once called a friend stood with Jeff’s firstborn inside of her. She shook her head. “Okay. Well then since you can’t answer that for me, here’s another one.” She crossed her arms over one another. “Have you told Jeff yet?” she charged. “I will.”“Humph,” Denise scoffed. She had figured that much. She wondered how Jeff would react to Nadine’s delaying the news. Wondered if he would choke the shit out of her until she nearly passed out, like he had done her. “Well that’s none of my business so it hardly matters. But if I find out that you had anything to do with this.” Denise whipped out the court summons and held it in the air. “You will curse the day that you opened your legs and got involved in my marriage.”
21. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Now writing as fast as I would like to is the only challenge I find myself having lately. With so many story ideas, this can be quite frustrating a times but I always manage to work through it. I have also incorporated a new daily writing regimen to assist me with this.
22. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
RM Johnson is one of my favorites. I love the different topics he covers in his stories.
23. Do you to travel much promoting your book(s)?
I use Keith Saunders (Marion Designs) and Davida Baldwin (Oddball Dsgns) for most of my covers. Keith designed Twisted Seduction.
25. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Writing While Pregnant! Lol… I was always so tired and sleepy. But once I got in the groove and mustered enough strength, I was all good.
26. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I learned that women can really keep a secret.
27. Do you have any advice for other writers?
1. Perfect your craft as much as you can. 2. Do your homework. 3. Don’t be afraid to invest in yourself if no one else will.
28. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Dear Reader,This is my love letter to you. For you have truly been an inspiration to me. Your kind words and overall honesty has kept me grounded, as well as shaped me into the writer that I have become. I appreciate the support you have given me and the time you have taken out of your busy life, just to indulge in the fantasies I create. Your dedication touches me in a place so deep not even words can express my gratitude. It is you that motivates me to keep pushing. You that remind me all things are possible. And you that I will continue to write for. My characters shine and live only through you, and for that, I will forever be grateful.
My latest novel, Twisted Seduction, AVAILABLE NOW!