Jeff “DJ Gatsby” Wilson Gets A Chance to Chat With The Pride Of Baltimore, MD Author Tyeshia Downer. I Met Her In 2011 @ The DMV Literary Expo When She Was Promoting Her First Book “Diamondz In The Rough” . Since Then She Has Written Another Book Entitled “Never Judge A Book By It’s Cover”.
This Is My Interview With The Bold & Beautiful Ms. Tyeshia Downer
2. Tell us your latest news?
Latest news is that, I just completed my new novel Never Judge a book by its cover. I’m currently working on Diamondz in a Rough Two “The Transition” so get ready. I will be releasing a children’s book this spring entitled. “The dream chasers”
3. When did you write your first?
I always wrote as a kid mostly songs, and poetry it wasn’t until last June that I completed my first novel Diamondz in a Rough.
4. When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I never considered myself a writer I always thought that I was a girl with a story that needed to be told my readers convinced me that I was indeed a writer/ Author.
5. What inspired you to write your first book?
It was in my spirit to write my book Diamondz be careful when you pray to God to deliver you in your gift because he will show up swiftly.
6. Do you have a specific writing style?
My writing style is unique not to be duplicated because I put my heart and soul in all that I do.
7. How did you come up with the title?
I wanted to grasp the attention of the audience sometimes we judge things without looking at the big picture too quick to Judge a book by its cover, but sometimes even the most worn out cover has an amazing store if you crack it open and look at the worn pages.
8. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Yes always know yourself worth we are all Diamonds with unlimited shine, also try to think outside of the box before you judge you never know what a person is going through until you walk in their shoes.
9. How much of the book is realistic?
Most of it is realistic because although its fiction I tried to make it as realistic as possible.
10. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
No, but I’m sure that someone in the world can relate to this story.
11. What books have most influenced your life most?
I don’t have any books that influenced me per say, but my favorite Author is Zane.
12. If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
I will be honest, I don’t have one sad but true.
13. What book are you reading now?
Embellished Truths by Dreas
14. Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
I have to admit that I have been so busy with my own projects that I really haven’t had a lot of time on my hand to read anything from new authors other than “Dreas” Author of Embellished Truths but I heard about many awesome upcoming Authors.
15. What are your current projects?
My current projects include Diamondz in a Rough two the transition and The Dream Chasers
16. Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
My readers are a blessing from the heaven above their emails and kind words keep me inspired and working hard because I never ever want to disappoint them I respond to every email that is sent by them.
17. Do you see writing as a career?
Yes I do see it as a career
18. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
Nothing I like it just the way that it is.
19. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
Yes when I was a kid going through my troubled life I used writing as my escape it has always been therapeutic.
20. Can you share a little of your current work with us?
Sure you can always check my website for latest work www.tmdpublishing.net its always under other works.
21. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
No I enjoy it so
22. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
Zane it has to be her boldness through her writing.
23. Do you to travel much promoting your book(s)?
Yes and I always post on Facebook when I have something coming up.
24. Who designed the covers?
For Diamondz I used an artist by the name of Douglass Draper but for my recent cover I used TMD Publishing Company’s own Terrell Jackson he is an awesome artist.
25. What is was the hardest part of writing?
Staying focused and on pace sometimes our personal hectic lives interfere with our work life. You have to stay focused
26. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
Yes I did and it is anything is possible if you just believe if you don’t believe in you how can you expect someone else to?
27. Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?
Yes “Stay Inspired”