1. Where are you from?
2. Tell us your latest news?
Just moved to Roanoke, VA
3. When and why did you begin writing?
I started writing in Middle School, back when the teachers requested us to write short stories. I have been writing ever since.
4. When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I did not consider myself a writer until 2010 when my first book was published.
5. What inspired you to write your first book?
My sorority sister and publish mate Vogue; She helped me through the process of becoming a published author.
6. Do you have a specific writing style?
I love to write as if I was watching a movie. There are no breaks in thought and it flows freely, allowing the author to visualize what is happening as they were in the story themselves.
7. How did you come up with the title?
It just came to the top of my mind when I created the characters.
8. Is there a message in your “Twisted”l that you want readers to grasp?
Life is short, and you should live each moment as it were your last.
9. How much of the book is realistic?
All of it. (smile)
10. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
The location for the book is from my hometown of Columbia, and the people are loosely based off people in my life such as close family and friends.
11. What books have most influenced your life most?
Eric Jerome Dickey, Brenda Jackson and Zane
12. If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
For romance: Brenda Jackson, For erotic fiction: Zane
13. What book are you reading now?
Unexpected Packages by Sindee Lynn
14. Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
Sindee Lynn, Vogue, Omeegia Keyes
15. What are your current projects?
I am working on a sequel to “A Patience to Love” and the follow up to “Twisted: Stories of Love, Sex & Betrayal”
16. Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
The author and my friend: Vogue
17. Do you see writing as a career?
Honestly, I do not see it as a career so much because I am a Clinician and I love to help people deal with their mental disorders. Writing is more of an outlet to fantasy and creativity.
18. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
Make it longer, a lot of people are requesting for more stories.
19. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
My teachers back in Middle School sparked my interest because they thought I was a good writer with a lot of imagination.
20. Can you share a little of your current work with us?
The current story in front of me is the sequel to “A Patience to Love” and it is the continuation of what happened to Patience when she left the island and resumed life without love. She struggles to find the meaning of what love is and if she will ever find it again.
21. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Extending the story.
22. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
Brenda Jackson: Her writing style does not change you know that the story is going to make you smile.
23. Do you to travel much promoting your book(s)?
I travel all the time and promote the book through various forms of networking.
24. Who designed the covers?
The publisher designed the first book and I came up with the picture for the second.
25. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
The introductory chapter. It has to grab the reader so they will not put the book down.
26. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
Yes, you have to please yourself before pleasing the fans. If you’re not satisfied with the book you put out, it will be hard for others to grasp it.
27. Do you have any advice for other writers?
Write with your heart and let it flow.
28. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Read with an open mind and allow the characters to come to life. Think about what you would do in certain situations and ask yourself if you would do anything differently… And Enjoy!
Follow Vandy On FacebookAt The Link Below:
To Purchase Books By Vandy Visit The Link Below: